George Wood standing as North Shore Ward councillor under C&R banner
Dear Fellow Residents,
The Auckland region is fast approaching change, in our local government, that will have huge implications for this the long-term well being of our community. Get things right and I believe that the Auckland region will go from strength to strength. Fail to keep strict control and the changes could get right out of control.
I am therefore using my nine years experience as a mayor and stand for a councillor position on the new Auckland council representing the North Shore ward. I am standing under the banner of the Citizens and Ratepayers (C&R), North Shore organisation.
As a Super City councillor I will:
· Demand full transparency of council meetings and activities. Council has legal requirements under the Local Government Act to conduct business with openness and public input – that hasn’t been happening. I will change the current “closed-doors” policies.
· Use my extensive experience to advocate strongly for North Shore;
· Build partnerships and extend existing relationships with the new mayor and other councillors;
· Ensure that North Shore’s voice is heard loud & clear;
· Work to ensure that current high standards enjoyed by North Shore residents are not lost;
· Scrutinise council spending and ensure every dollar taken in council rates is affordable & essential;
· Push to implement the Royal Commission’s recommendations to build closer relationships with Government agencies;
· End adhoc decision-making and work towards following a planned approach for Auckland’s future;
· Continue the upgrade of North Shore’s wastewater and storm water systems; and
· Achieve better value from the $143.4 million annual public transport subsidies.
I am passionate about this job, our region and it’s future and I most certainly want to continue to provide service to our community. I ask for your support.
Your vote for me as councillor is important. The future of the new Auckland city depends on it.
Telephone: 09 410 7134 or 021 1415167
Authorised by: George Wood, 54 Grenada Avenue, Forrest Hill 0620